One of the most common aloe vera face cream recipes includes aloe vera, glycerin, and any other essential oils you want to add in. It’s important that both aloe vera and glycerin are pure aloe or they won’t work well together.
It’s also important to make sure your aloe vera is fresh – if it’s not, you can grow your own aloe vera plant or purchase aloe vera gel that’s specifically for face cream.
Aloe Vera Face Cream Required Ingredients
In order to make a homemade aloe vera face cream, you’ll need the following types of equipment and ingredients:
- A small glass container or bowl
- Two tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Five-six drops of nut/vegetable oil
- Five drops of essential oils
- One-two drops of Lavender/Rose oil (for fragrance)
- Two-three drops of vitamin E oil
- One-two drops of vegetable glycerin (optional)
How Do You Make Aloe Vera Face Cream?
Step 1. In a small glass container or bowl, take two tbsp of Aloe Vera Gel.
Step 2. Now add cold-pressed nut oil or vegetable oil and stir it.
Step 3. Add vitamin E, the essential oil, and oil for fragrance.
Step 4. Mix it all together.
Continue whisking it until you get the creamy texture. Finally, transfer your cream to the container and it’ll be ready to use. Make sure to store it in a cool, dry place.
Also, keep in mind that you can use a cream within the month of making it. To get the best results, apply it at night.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera Face Cream
Aloe Vera face cream is known to have multiple benefits.
Some of the benefits include:
- Moisturizing and hydrating the skin
- Reducing wrinkles and fine lines
- Calming sunburned skin
- Healing acne scars
- Getting rid of blackheads
How often you should apply aloe vera face cream also depends on your skin type. If you have oily skin, then applying it twice a day should be enough. But if you have dry or sensitive skin, once a day is more than enough.
So, go ahead and make aloe vera face cream today and enjoy its many benefits!
Can You Put Essential Oils In Face Cream?
Using essential oils is a centuries-old tradition for a good reason; they can treat everything from wrinkles to acne scars with aromatherapy benefits. That’s why putting essential oils in your face cream can be a good idea.
Mix just a few drops in a moisturizer or try diluting it in the carrier oil. However, ensure that you understand usage before you coat your face with all these products.
Some of the best essential oils you can use are: pure Argan oil, Rose essential oil, Vetiver essential oil, Grapefruit essential oil, Grapeseed, or Geranium oil.
If you add too much you can just mix in more of your moisturizer to dilute it.
How to Select The Right One For You?
If you have dry skin: Use Jasmine, Argan, or Rose oil.
If you have oily skin: Use Jojoba or Tea tree oil, Grapeseed or Citrus-based oils.
If you have normal skin: Use Geranium oil or Sandalwood oil.
In Nut/Vegetable oil, you can use Walnut, Almond, Peanut, Avocado, Coconut oil, or Apricot oil.
Anti Aging Face Cream Ingredients
The most common Anti-aging ingredients you can find in face creams include:
- Retinoids. This term refers to vitamin A compounds like retinol and retinoic acid. They are used topically for repairing sun-damaged skin as well as reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant, meaning it protects your skin from free radicals. Free radicals are unstable oxygen molecules that can break down skin cells, causing wrinkles. Vitamin C can protect your skin from sun damage while reducing wrinkles and fine lines as well.
- Hydroxy acids. AHAs or Alpha hydroxy acids include lactic, glycolic, and citric acid. They are used for removing dead skin cells. Using the AHA product consistently can prepare skin to better absorb all the other products, stimulating the growth of evenly pigmented, smooth new skin.
- Coenzyme Q10. It helps in reducing fine wrinkles around your eyes while protecting your skin from sun damage.
- Tea extracts. Black, oolong, and green tea contain compounds with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. A lot of wrinkle creams usually contain green tea extracts.
- Peptides. These are the molecules occurring naturally in living organisms. Some peptides can stimulate collagen production, improving skin texture as well as wrinkling.
- Grape seed extract. Besides its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, grape seed extract can promote collagen production.
- Niacinamide. It’s related to niacin (vitamin B-3). It helps in reducing water loss in your skin while improving skin elasticity.
Face Cream Making Tips
1. Produce The Right Amount
Since it’s almost impossible for you to determine a likely expiration date of the homemade skincare products, the best thing you can do is produce small amounts. This means that the cream can remain the freshest for a long time while you’ll also get the chance to play around with all the different ingredients on a daily basis.
2. Measure The Ingredients Correctly
Make sure to properly measure both solid and liquid ingredients by using the digital scale. It can be the most accurate method you can use so that you can determine the correct balance of the ingredients in the formulation. The volume of the liquid ingredients usually varies according to their temperature as well as density.
At times, exceeding the recommended concentration while measuring everything in drops can be expected, especially while adding essential oils in low concentrations. Furthermore, don’t forget to write down the formula as you work with the percentages so that you can reproduce the batch the next time you need it.
3. Adapt And Measure PH
As you formulate homemade skincare, measuring the pH of the product is the step that you can’t miss. The reason is that it is crucial for the product’s safety. The pH of the product influences a lot of important characteristics of the formulation. For instance, by the pH of a product, you can tell whether the chosen preservative can work efficiently and safely.
Moreover, besides affecting the product’s feel and look, it also affects its color and scent. But don’t worry; measuring pH is not all that difficult as you don’t require a high-tech pH meter for measuring the product’s pH. As you begin formulating your own homemade skincare, all you need is pH strips, which are both affordable and available.
Always Store Your Cream In The Correct Container
The right container helps in keeping your formula stable and safe for longer periods of time. In fact, storing homemade skincare products in suitable, hygienic containers is of utmost importance.
Fortunately, there are many wonderful packaging suppliers available online who can send you the containers you require.
Contaminating the product that is in the open jar is easier than the one dispensed from the air-tight container. Whenever possible, choose spray or pump valves that dispense the formula without the need of opening a product container.
In case it’s impractical for you to use the spray or pump because of a product’s viscosity, you should consider adding the drop dispenser or the spatula; it can help in getting a product out of the packaging while reducing the chances of contamination.
Frequently Asked Questions
Aloe vera is great for the face because it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Yes, you can use aloe vera gel for a face cream.
Some of the benefits of aloe vera for the skin are that it is anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and moisturizing.
To make aloe vera face cream, you need to first measure the ingredients correctly. Then, you need to adapt and measure pH. Next, you need to mix all the ingredients together. Lastly, you need to store the cream in the correct container.
Making aloe vera face cream is not as difficult as it seems. By following the correct steps, you can easily make a cream that is perfect for your skin.
Some of the benefits of aloe vera for the skin are that it is anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and moisturizing. Aloe vera gel is great for the face because it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
By making your own aloe vera cream, you can ensure that you are using a product that is perfect for your skin.